- Do you snore?
- Do you feel tired and or sleepy during the day?
- Did anyone say you stopped breathing in your sleep for a few seconds?
- Do you have hypertension difficult to control?
If you answer yes to any or all of these, then you might want to consider getting checked for sleep apnea.
- Does it take you more than 30 minutes to fall asleep; or do you wake up in the middle of the night and unable to fall back asleep?
- Do you struggle in bed and worried about how will you perform the next day because of lack of sleep?
Home sleep study is a sleep study that is done at home. It is a good option for someone without significant lung or heart disease. It is a very convenient way to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea without interrupting your schedule. Sleep in your own bed, and get results quickly!
- Do you have trouble staying awake in class?
- Do you have problems with concentration during the day?
You might be suffering from Narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is a central sleep disorder that is characterized by sleepiness during the day with trouble concentrating, despite having enough sleep. It is diagnosed by a study called multiple sleep latency test. It is a treatable condition. Our clinic is certified to prescribe all the medications that are FDA approved to treat Narcolepsy.
- Do you feel restlessness or uncomfortable sensation in your legs in the evening?
- Do you feel you need to stand up and stretch for the feeling to go away?
You might be suffering from restless leg syndrome. It is a completely treatable condition and treatment is very helpful especially if the feeling prevents you from falling asleep. Usually no study is needed for diagnosis but sometimes an lab study will help to see how often you move your legs during sleep